we have opinions, and you need to hear them.

I Wear My Pop Culture On My Sleeve

Take a second and give a click on the advertisement to your right to check out some pretty cool pop culture related merchandise and such. Do it; it'll make you a better person. Fact.

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Why Corporate Parenthood is Good for Comic Movies


According to Moviehole, Warner Brothers is planning on using Superman in their upcoming Justice League movie. Wha huh??? This is about the best idea I've heard in a while. DC Comics is owned by Warner Brothers, which is the production company for all DC Comics inspiried movies. That means that Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman can be in the same movie, without going through more hoops than a trick poodle at a state fair. Marvel really missed out on this opportunity until they recently opened their own production company. Now, theoretically, Spidey can swing by in the background of the Wolverine movie, and the Avengers movie can actually come together, and still allow Captain America (R.I.P.) and Iron Man to have their own movies. I don't know if BJ Routh will be reprising his role as Supes, but I'm ok if someone else dons the Blue and Red. Different comic artists draw characters differently in different books, so why can't another actor play Superman? Although - for the sake of continuity - I hope he does come on board.

-a

No comments: